Location: Shark’s Square (#187, H6)
Purpose: Adventuring Equipment Store
Misc: Members of the Shark get a 25% discount
Altive Shieldmaiden is a slender Northern High Elf who runs her emporium purely based on her adventurer clientele needs. Everything needed from rope, torches, tools, to any adventuring gear can be found here. This is not a place for weapons or armor though, nor magical artifacts. This is purely adventuring equipment.
She also pushes new advance equipment that might come through Kokand. This can range from remote communication equipment, to clockwork devices.
Unusual Items Available:
- Multiflask: This glass flask has up to three different compartments, each with its own stopper. Each compartment can hold its own potion. Thus, a character can use a single move action to draw the flask, a standard action to drink one potion, and then next round a standard action to drink another, with no drawing action needed. Price: 15 gp.
- Rat Harness: This harness is made to fit around the body and snout of a typical city rat. While harnessed, the rat cannot bite, but it can move normally. A long leash attaches to the harness, allowing the rat to scurry ahead into a dangerous area before the party. The rat can trigger any traps set off by small amounts of weight but, most importantly, the creature sets off magical traps that can sense the presence of a living creature. Further, one can adjust the harness straps to hold the rat immobile in a little ball, either to store in a pack or to toss into a dangerous area. Price: 5 gp.
- Trapfinder Ball: One can bounce this hard rubber ball down a corridor or into a room, perhaps triggering any traps set off by pressure or proximity. Price: 25 gp.
- Wand Sheath: This device wraps around the forearm of a humanoid, most likely a spellcaster. The sheath can hold up to six wands and still fit under a normal sleeve. This allows the wearer to draw the wands easily as part of a move action (the same way a skilled fighter can draw a weapon even as he moves). For considerably more, one can buy a spring-loaded sheath that allows the wearer to draw a given wand as a free action (no more than one in a given round). In either version, putting the wand away is still a move action. Price: 25 gp (625 gp for the spring- loaded version).
- Breather Mask: This leather and metal mask fits over the wearer’s lower face and grants a +2 circumstance bonus on saving throws against gas attacks and other attacks that involve breathing (such as a choking smoke). Price: 25 gp.
- Dark Goggles: These dark-tinted goggles give the wearer a +2 circumstance bonus on saving throws against blinding effects and a +1 circumstance bonus against all vision-based attacks, including all gaze attacks. Price: 60 gp.